Yale/WIYN One Degree Imager Survey Project Management
SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. PLEASE COME BACK SOON.
A detailed decription will be posted soon. But in the meantime, see organizational structure diagram and definitions below.
- Survey PI (SPI): (Bailyn) Has overall responsibility for the execution and analysis of the survey. Serves also as survey spokesperson. Approves funding proposals based on access to proprietary observations and data products.
- Survey Project Scientist (???): Assists Survey PI in all aspects of the survey.
- Science Area Leaders: Approve new PI projects that require access to proprietary observations and data products. Sit on Science Council. Implement data access, publication and authorship policies determined by Science Council.
- Extragalactic Photometry (van Dokkum?)
- Gravitational Lensing (Dell'Antonio)
- Galactic Photometry (Geha?)
- Astrometry (van Altena?)
- Photometric Time Domain (Bailyn)
- Project PIs (PPIs): Direct and carry out specific scientific research programs using proprietary observations and data products. Recommend papers (including author lists). Develop and recommend survey extensions.
- Add-on project PIs: Direct and carry out add-on projects, using non-survey observations and data products acquired (and possibly reduced) in conjunction with the survey.
- Queue Management Group (QMG): (leader: Bailyn). Generates and executes observing queues. Interacts with WIYN Queue group (specifics to be determined once nature of WIYN-wide effort determined - it may be that at the beginning the Survey QMG is the WIYN queue).
- Data Management Group (DMG): (leader ???): Leads development and execution of survey-specific data analysis, data products, and archiving. Interacts with WIYN pipeline/survey group (specifics to be determined once nature of WIYN-wide effort determined).
- Science Council (SC): SPI, Project Scientist, WIYN Director or designee, Science Area Leaders. Coordinates all survey scientific activities. Approves publication and access policies. Approves proposals for survey extensions. Coordinates and approves survey-wide funding proposals. Reviews queue and data management procedures.
- Operations Council (OC): SPI, Project Scientist, WIYN Director or designee, QMG leader, DMG leader. Coordinates execution and analysis of survey and add-on observations. Consults with SC and add-on project PIs as required.